The initiative aims to celebrate the company′s customers and people, and employees have been out and about this week delivering surprises and showing their love for the people they serve.
Across the company′s operating area, which includes the North East, Essex and Suffolk, more than 4,200 people were surprised, either as individuals or as members of community organisations.
As part of the campaign, which marks National Customer Service Week, the team:
• Sent a Darlington youngster battling high risk neuroblastoma to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Manchester with his family
• Surprised a Yarm couple who support childrens′ road safety with a trip away and some safety wear to pass on to a school
• Helped set up Durham Scouts′ Moor Farm site, near Rainton, ready for 1,200 Scouts arriving for their Confido event.
• Spent a day painting and tidying up Tynedale Rugby Club′s ground in Corbridge
• Surprised a Washington woman who had suffered a stroke, giving her a day away with her daughter
• Delivered a van full of bicycles to the Bike Stop charity in Darlington - and then left a team behind to maintain and upcycle them
• Surprised Sunderland′s Include In Autism organisation with some sensory pods and other equipment
‘Make my day′ is aimed at showing appreciation and love for people and who contribute to making the communities of the North East special, whether it is through their everyday kindness or by having done something nice for them.
Earlier this year, Northumbrian Water asked its customers to nominate people or organisations that they felt deserved a treat and hundreds of suggestions came in. A panel of judges then tackled the tough task of deciding who the lucky recipients should be. A vote followed for Northumbrian Water employees to determine further recipients of ‘People′s Choice′ surprises and Lowestoft MEAM was selected in this way.
Claire Sharp, Customer Director at Northumbrian Water, said: "We′ve had a fantastic week across the North East, celebrating our customers and saying thank you to some of the people and organisations that make this such a wonderful place to live and work.
"Whenever we ask for nominations for Make my day, we hear stories that are heart-warming, tales that touch the soul, heroism and community spirit, and it makes us proud. Marking Customer Service Week like this really is our way of recognising those people and giving a little something back in appreciation."
To watch videos of some of the surprises as they took place and the best bits from every day of National Customer Service week take a look at Northumbrian Waters Facebook page - @NorthumbrianWater, its Twitter account @NorthumbrianH2O, or its Instagram account - @northumbrian_water.