Find out how we Made The Day for thousands of people!
More than six and a half thousand people had their day made by Northumbrian Water during their recent customer kindness campaign.
In total, the water company surprised 6,671 customers, employees, community groups and random strangers from across the North East and Essex and Suffolk during National Customer Service Week.
Between Monday, October 2, and Friday, October 6, and as part of ‘Make My Day’ 2017;
• 253 Northumbrian Water employees were surprised with things like chocolates, flowers, restaurant vouchers, family days out, pamper days and cakes!
• 641 people from groups and organisations received surprises from Northumbrian Water, including Durham Scouts; who had their day made after we supplied them with lighting towers for their Confido scout event.
• Around 3,000 Northumbrian Water employees came in to work to find surprise Kit Kat chunkies on their desks!
• 17 very special customers received individual surprises, including Cohen and Indi Cartwright; the two little train-mad brothers from Redcar who received a VIP tour of the Hitachi train factory in Aycliffe and a train trip to see Santa!
• 510 people benefitted from work carried out at local schools, community centres and care homes – including a garden make over at Newker Primary School and a complete redecoration of East Howdon Community Centre.
• 1,992 Kit Kat chunkies were given to members of the public during random giveaways in Darlington, Sunderland, Newcastle, Essex and Suffolk.
• 258 random customers were lucky enough to win special prizes, including flowers, chocolates, day trips and gift experiences as part of daily give-aways across the country.
‘Make My Day’ was the company’s way of showing its customers just how much they care about them and how important they are to the business during National Customer Service Week.
The aim was to make as many people’s days as possible, in as many different ways as possible, as Claire Sharp, Northumbrian Water’s Customer Service Director explains:
“We wanted to go above and beyond what our customers expected or even thought was possible for a water company to do. We wanted to surprise, delight and really amaze people and judging from the feedback we’ve had from people and their reactions to the surprises we’ve smashed it out of the park.
“It has been a complete honour and privilege to have been part of a campaign that has brought so much happiness to so many deserving and amazing people and I’m proud to be part of an organisation that cares about it’s customers and its communities so much.
“I’d like to thank all of our employees who played a part in making ‘Make My Day 2017’ happen and our partners, who without their help and assistance, we couldn’t have done such a great job. Thank you to everyone involved and who knows…we might just do it all again next year!”
To watch videos of some of the surprises as they took place and the best bits from every day of National Customer Service week take a look at Northumbrian Waters Facebook page - @NorthumbrianWater or Twitter account @NorthumbrianH2O.
WATCH the best bits from the week here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9kfg0eRiSQ