In total, the water company surprised 1,818 customers, employees, community groups and random strangers from across Essex and Suffolk during National Customer Service Week.
Between Monday, October 2, and Friday, October 6, and as part of ‘Make My Day’ 2017;
- 77 Essex & Suffolk Water employees were surprised with things like chocolates, flowers, cinema vouchers, family days out, pamper days and cakes!
- More than 100 people from groups and organisations received surprises from Essex & Suffolk Water, including Lowestoft and Yarmouth Rugby Club who received new match day balls.
- Around 800 Essex & Suffolk Water employees came in to work to find surprise Kit Kat chunkies on their desks!
- 3 very special customers received individual surprises, including Sophie from Basildon, Essex, and Richard and Silvia Shaw from Belton in Suffolk.
- 750 Kit Kat chunkies were given to members of the public during random giveaways in Chelmsford, Essex, and Lowestoft, Suffolk.
- 88 random customers were lucky enough to win special prizes, including flowers, chocolates, day trips and gift experiences as part of daily give-aways in Chelmsford and Lowestoft.
- And the legacy of curtains at Pakefield Primary School will benefit many young students for years to come.
‘Make My Day’ was the company’s way of showing its customers just how much they care about them and how important they are to the business during National Customer Service Week.
The aim was to make as many people’s days as possible, in as many different ways as possible, as Claire Sharp, Essex & Suffolk Water’s Customer Service Director explains:
“We wanted to go above and beyond what our customers expected or even thought was possible for a water company to do. We wanted to surprise, delight and really amaze people and judging from the feedback we’ve had from people and their reactions to the surprises we’ve smashed it out of the park.
“It has been a complete honour and privilege to have been part of a campaign that has brought so much happiness to so many deserving and amazing people and I’m proud to be part of an organisation that cares about its customers and its communities so much.
“I’d like to thank all of our employees who played a part in making ‘Make My Day 2017’ happen and our partners, who without their help and assistance, we couldn’t have done such a great job. Thank you to everyone involved and who knows…we might just do it all again next year!”
To watch videos of some of the surprises as they took place and the best bits from every day of National Customer Service week take a look at Essex & Suffolk Water’s Facebook page - @essexandsuffolkwater or Twitter account @ESWH2O.